Thursday, July 11, 2024

the shoes update

I did my first 9K walk with my new shoes last night, and the walk went well. The new shoes (still Skechers, like last year) feel just like the previous shoes, but they're a little easier to slip on thanks to the new design, which was explicitly intended for us laces-hating, slip-on-slip-off types. There was a tiny bit of friction on the top of my left foot, but it appeared and disappeared during the walk, so here's hoping that the act of breaking the shoes in will take care of that little problem. If not, I can figure out some way to pad or bandage that part of my foot to protect it.

Aside from that, the new pair feels like a continuation of the old pair. The soles, being spanking new, haven't yet worn down from thousands of kilometers of walking, so it feels a little bit as if I were floating: there's a bouncy, cushiony aspect to my steps. I'll be taking the shoes for a longer walk this weekend. Suffice it to say they get a thumbs-up from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.