Thursday, October 3, 2024

another walk today

I won't make a decision on whether to do the walk this year until around October 9, which is a week before I theoretically start this year's trek. So far, things are looking positive, but I haven't reached my modest stairs goal of climbing from B1 to 14 without stopping. I've gone from B1 to 6 just to see whether I could, and when I did that, I realized I had more in the tank, so today, I'm going to do an 18K walk down to Bundang, then come back via subway and do the apartment-building stairs as far as I can without stopping to see how far I can get. Hopefully, nothing horrible will happen during either effort, but I guess we'll see. 

Keep those fingers and tentacles crossed! 

Here in South Korea, we're having a second national holiday this week. Tuesday was a "temporary" Armed Forces Day holiday (normally just a flag-raising day); today is National Foundation Day (gaecheon-jeol, or "opening-heaven day"), the traditional day assigned to a myth about Korea's foundation. Next week, on October 9, we have Hangeul Day, the day the country celebrates the invention of hangeul, the Korean alphabet. And that's it until Christmas. November in Korea is a hard-ass month: no holidays at all. We Yanks in the office stubbornly celebrate Thanksgiving, but it's not a national holiday for us, alas. I'll be prepping food like a madman in November. Check the main blog for words and pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.