Friday, October 11, 2024

try commenting now

Some of my users have recently complained about finding it difficult to leave comments on this blog in particular. I went to the settings menu, scrolled over to "comments," and found an option for "who can comment" that I'd apparently missed when I made this blog. It had been set to "those with Google accounts," but I just reset it to "anyone (including anonymous commenters)." You know my comments policy is no anonymous comments, and since I moderate all comments, any anonymous ones will be summarily deleted no matter how insightful or polite they are. Now, a person can comment anonymously as long as s/he leaves a name or screen name in the text of the comment; I won't consider such a comment to be anonymous. Also: there's a comments policy written above the comment window.

So for those who've had trouble up to now: give the newly settings-adjusted comments a try. It may take time for the comments to appear since they need to be approved first, but if I'm awake and looking, I'll approve them post haste.

Good luck!



5 comments:

  1. Comments work for me now.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had any particular issues, but then again I haven't been posted regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles, you're on Gmail, so I'm assuming you have a Google account, which is how you slipped through every time.

      Delete
    2. But that doesn't explain why John couldn't get through. He has a Gmail account, too. Hmmm. Mystery upon mystery, this is.

      Delete

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.